Friday, June 21, 2013

Week 2- UPCYCLE- Roadside Treasure


Upcycling is one of my favorite concepts in crafting! I LOVE the thought that something has been given a new life. That's exactly what happened to this dresser and mirror we found on the curb a year or so ago. I've never featured it on my blog, but it deserves to be seen! 

 

 The original was found looking like it belonged in Pirates of the Caribbean, which is cool for theme parties, but our bedroom doesn't really fall into that theme ;) It had black metal knobs all along the top, sides and around the mirror. 


We popped them off and sanded and sanded. Did I mention we sanded for weeks!! The mirror and dresser top got a new life with stain and the rest a fun color. We added new knobs to the drawers. One day I plan to give it another new job as a changing table, but it's not quite ready for such a big job...yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to see your projects and hear your thoughts!!