Wednesday, November 14, 2012

DIY: 6 Foot All Wood Desk

When you have the kind of man I have {oh so patient} he deserves a project created just for him! I own half {3/4ths} of our Craffice {Craft/office Room}. We had the computer on a small drawing table and it wasn't cutting it. He was jealous of my giant crafting table. It's from Ikea, it was $30, no big deal I told him we'll get you one too. Uhggg drive a year to Ikea and end up buying other things I don't really need... {Read: I was just there and they are remodeling} So I went to my favorite place a mile from my house, which by the way was either a great idea or a terrible idea... Home Depot. I actually went for screening material because ours were torn and the landlord wouldn't do anything about it, but you crafters know how that goes!

Here's what I ended up creating!





Kept it all natural- Added some verbage and finished it off with a coat of polyurethane.


He's half way through with his Master's in Business Leadership and deserved a creative space of his own, thus my quote choice! --Proud of him!


Kurt walked past the Craffice and said "Oh, I love you! You bought me a table!!!" Upon further investigation a bigger smile spread across his face and he said, "You MADE this didn't you! you MADE me a table. Are you kidding me!?" Ha best response I've ever gotten from one of my projects!! <3


--ZZB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to see your projects and hear your thoughts!!