Monday, January 7, 2013

Photos on Wood- A Scrabble Transfer

After completing the Wood Photo Candle Holders I was still amped up on transferring photos to wood--the concept AMAZES me!

For Kurt's parents.

Kurt's mom had told me she doesn't have any pictures of us. They live states away, so I wanted to do something really special for them. I used a series of photos from Kurt and I's trip to Hawaii a few years ago to create this idea for them.


I had this piece of wood hanging around for creating and this was just its use. I used thin wood from the craft store and cut it into 4"x 6" rectangles and then used the photo transfer method. Using wood glue I glued the pictures on. I really like how the images have a 3D effect. A few months ago I ordered these scrabble tiles off Amazon--finally the perfect use for them!! Kurt wants to be where the sun shines, so I felt the saying fitting for where we are in our life now.


For my parents.

I tricked my mom one day into telling me what her favorite photos of us were on my facebook. We are also states away from my parents--for the first time in my life I did not spend Christmas with them. This was strange and different, sad and happy, well it was just all sorts of emotions! We spent Christmas with Kurt's family, which I feel blessed to have been able to help Kurt surprise them for his first Christmas home in over 5 years!

This is one of the photos my mom picked and also happens to be one of my favorite! After putting so many letters on Kurt and Nancy's gift [and glueing them down} I realized my options for sayings were quite limited for this one-- My parents are Words with Friends addicts so having to use blanks actually worked out just perfectly!!


I then wrote love notes on the back of each of them and added a hanging hook.




We are lucky to have such supportive parents in our lives and would not be who we are today without their love. Thank you for all you do for us!

--ZZB












No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to see your projects and hear your thoughts!!