What did you miss in the last 9 months you ask…
In my first post last year I made a list of "To Do's" for 2011
1. Move into Coop and I's first house-- We did that and added an extra! Kurt moved with us and together we had a fantastic time. We started our adventures there with a dance party and ended them with a dance party--> more on that later.
2. Go snowshoeing-- Well we went a few more times last winter, but didn't make it out this winter.
3. Go somewhere warm--ACCOMPLISHED! See the blog post about Mexico last March and for Kurt's birthday and our 1 year anniversary we went to Maui. It was a fast paced, sight seeing, exploring adventure with the greatest travel buddy. <3 We also made it Gulf Shores, Al for a joint family vacay!
<-- Kurt's mom, brother, and grandpa just hours before the wedding.
I even had the --> opportunity to get in on a little secret family surprise!! Kurt's Uncle Barry had a stroke in September of 2010. According to the doctors he should not be in this photo. He walked into the rehearsal dinner and shocked everyone. His wife delivered healthy twin girls just days before this photo. It was an honor to meet Kurt's hero
5. Get Chickens-- What's funny is I had no idea I would actually accomplish this "to do". Plenty of posts about how that went down :) I am happy/sad to report that with the move to Phoenix the chickens have been adopted by our wonderful neighbors. We definitely miss their little personalities-- it was one of the best decisions we made as a couple. They challenged us, made us laugh and cry, fed us (when they weren't laying while I was trying to eat my breakfast), helped us learn teamwork and darnit Cooper adored them!
^^^^^^Our first egg sometime in August ^^^^^^^
6. Start a garden-- Ha…Kurt took this to do over for me. Between Cooper digging up his baby seedling sprouts and the chickens eating all the lettuce and broccoli we're making another go of it on this year's to do list! We did get a few salads, some herbs and some tomatoes. I'd say for our first garden it was successful :)
7. See Zac Brown Band in Concert-- Not only did we see them we won tickets to the dinner before the show, which landed us front row seats!! SCORE!! Now to see them somewhere tropical with maybe Jimmy Buffett!
8. P90X-- That's funny. Enough Said.
9. Weddings-- Yes, they happened and yes, they were beautiful!! So proud to stand in support of Danielle and Donovan and Laura and Chris.