Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Favorite {ruined} Dress + A Lace Update

Okay we all know how it feels to happen upon THE dress, the one you feel beautiful in, the one you cannot wait to wear! Well 2 years ago I found that dress! It was love at first sight…thank you Urban Outfitters!

Then it happened…

I threw it in the dryer for a 5 minute touchup only to realize when pulling it out my previous load had been scrubs and I had forgotten a blue ink pen in my pocket.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!  Ink stains on my favorite dress, not to mention it was Easter and church started soon…thats a different story.

Back to the dress, I thought I could still wear it, no one would notice, then came my inner voice "Melissa, that would be tacky let it go"

It's been two years and I finally found a solution!!  Check it out… I'm in love with it again!









See the stains?! ok so they did not photograph well, but they are there I promise!!----->
















I used my seam ripper and separated the top and bottom pieces. Carefully I mimicked the pleats with my lace, pinning it back together. The trickiest part was the side zipper, but I am happy to report it turned out wonderfully. In my opinion :) Saved myself the initial $68 and only spent $7 on the lace!


Date night in Dallas, Texas!  
I should probably iron the pleats a little flatter, but I am scared to death to possibly {ruin} my redo! 

P.S. I could still see the stains when I looked through the lace so I took a similar color thread and hand stitched over the top of the bigger blotches. A bit more camo, more for me than anyone else!

If you have a {ruined} favorite that you've redone I'd love to see it and feature you on my blog! Send me an email befeellivedelighted (at) gmail.com

Melissa Delight

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you cowboyin' up in front of the American Airlines Center in Dallas! The dress looks great! - Susan White

    ReplyDelete

Would love to see your projects and hear your thoughts!!